Safety First at WSCC
Safety First Overview
With our valued guests in mind, we are working to further ensure clean and safe gatherings for all. The WSCC Safety First Overview outlines the guidelines, precautionary measures, and requirements to be followed by all who enter the doors of WSCC. It will be refined and updated as CDC, governmental and industry best practices evolve. Download the most current Overview, dated July 21, 2020, here.
GBAC STAR™ Accreditation
On July 7 WSCC announced its commitment to achieve the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation on outbreak prevention, response and recovery. Recognized as the gold standard of safe venues, GBAC STAR™ provides third-party validation to ensure the implementation of rigorous protocols in response to biorisk situations. Read the full media release here.
Temporary Building Closure
The Washington State Convention Center (WSCC) continues to closely monitor news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and protections ordered by state, county and city officials. In alignment with Governor Jay Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation and subsequent Safe Start Washington plan, WSCC has temporarily closed the building until further notice. The Main Garage and Freeway Park Garage open.
We look forward to the time when we can once again welcome clients, guests and visitors to the Convention Center. With this in mind, WSCC staff is available via phone and email to ensure business and administrative processes continue during the building closure. Staff contact information can be found on our website Contact Us page.
WSCC recommends the public stay informed on COVID-19. Resources include:
- Visit Seattle: https://visitseattle.org/travel-advisory/
- Washington State Department of Health: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies
- Public Health – Seattle & King County: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control Event Planning Q & A: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Centers for Disease Control Considerations for Events and Gatherings: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/considerations-for-events-gatherings.html