WSCC’s statement regarding COVID-19 and temporary building closure
April 2, 2020
The Washington State Convention Center (WSCC) continues to closely monitor news regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and protections ordered by state, county and city officials. In alignment with Governor Jay Inslee's Stay Home, Stay Healthy proclamation of March 23, WSCC has temporarily closed the building and main parking garage to the public. The Freeway Park Garage on Hubbell Place will remain open, and construction on Summit is ongoing.
While this proclamation has been extended to May 4, the building and main garage will remain closed until further notice as determined by WSCC.
We look forward to the time when we can once again welcome clients, guests and visitors to the Convention Center. With this in mind, WSCC staff is available via phone and email to ensure business and administrative processes continue during the building closure. Staff contact information can be found on our website Contact Us page.
WSCC recommends the public stay informed on COVID-19. Resources include:
- Visit Seattle: https://visitseattle.org/travel-advisory/
- Washington State Department of Health: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies
- Public Health – Seattle & King County: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases.aspx
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019